Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

washow88

Reaction score
I have Canon digital camera Power shot A20, and I’m thinking of buying a housing for it.
Canon List housing # 7727A001AA and the following is their descriptions: “Take great underwater shots and be worry-free during inclement weather with the WP-DC200s.
Waterproof to 100ft. Neck strap and silicone grease included.”

May be it is silly, but is it good for 100ft up or down. Two years ago, Sea & Sea representative offer me a housing for my camera for 499.99 after discount.
Canon sells the housing for $240 and I found the same housing for $169.99.
Can any one give an advise about housing and why there is a big different between Sea & Sea and Canon. Also, can I attach external under water strobe to the camera?

I'm not familiar with Canons products.

:) Check out the Canon website they have a section based just on underwater photography. Good luck!

www.digideep.com

This site has most camera's and which housing work/fit that camera. You may find an alternative to the Canon one...

I think it may be safe to assume that it is good for 100 feet down, but you know what happens when you make assumptions. The digideep site may also tell you a definative answer to that question.

Back
Top Bottom