Housing for Sony HVR-Z1U

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dennis

Contributor
Reaction score
Could someone give me some comments on the best housings? I was looking at the one from Light and Motion, not released until mid August and the Gates. Other options and your opinions would be appreciated.

bob1dp:
how do you like your hvr-z1u?

Right now we are shooting for TV with Panasonic AGDVX100AP's, on land that is. One of our sponsors knows I dive and is interested in 4 one hour underwater specials. I just ordered one of the Sony's to see how the footage will look. One of the camera guys I might hire from Argentina suggested we try one.
I've never filmed underwater myself, so I was looking at getting one of the Light and Motion Travel packages as well but hold off on the 5K lens until we know what look we can get with the standard lens. I know Gates and Amphibico make good housings as well so just looking for opinions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom