Housing for G11?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to all! I got the last one in stock at ReefPhoto. It is the pricier choice but it's something I can grow with and has lots of options so I won't be outgrowing it all in a short time as I feel like with the sealife. And the G11 is a much better land camera as well.

And I'll be asking lots of questions!

Last edited:
Now that your fully invested in the G11 platform with that 1000 dollar housing of yours, make sure to pick up a second G11 while you can. If anything should happen to your camera, the housing will become a really expensive paper weight.

ouch, I never of that beyond buying gear insurance. redundancy in all systems.....

I bought a G9 a few years ago. Six months later the G10 came out. You can’t keep waiting for the latest thing. You’ll either never have a good rig or you’ll go broke. I’ve been using the G9 w/ an Ikelite housing and dual Ikelite strobes (TTL) for a few years and I love it. You can also add their Mini-C light to the strobe arm for night dives. It is not as bright as some, but has decent power and allows you to manipulate the camera with both hands. The attached photos were taken at night. There is a bit of a hot spot from the dive light but it does OK. (These may have also been befor I added the second strobe which evens out the lighting considerably.)

Attachments

• Jamaica 11.09 293.jpg
    Jamaica 11.09 293.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Jamaica 11.09 251.jpg
    Jamaica 11.09 251.jpg
    459.7 KB · Views: 45
Now that your fully invested in the G11 platform with that 1000 dollar housing of yours, make sure to pick up a second G11 while you can. If anything should happen to your camera, the housing will become a really expensive paper weight.

Watch ebay and pick up at least 1 extra camera, 2 is better. As you do more and more diving you will, sooner or later, have a flood. If that happends and you don't have another camera the housing is a dust collector.

Get the best strobes you can as they will move to the next camera with you.

I also ditto the second camera.

PC090425.jpg

I will probably upgrade long before these two are worn out but I like them so much that even after I do I will continue to use them.

N

have been using the dc34 for a while now, and while i have upgraded to the g12 my desire to take the all perfect shot has me wanting a new housing.as for the video on the g12 there are afew other things such as being able to zoom while shooting video. theres also a better display menu while changing modes.

Hey i am shopping for a housing as well, i have come across this one Canon WP-DC34 Case for Canon PowerShot G11 & G12 4042B001
for an amazing price.

If you want to try it without an external strobe, buy this one somewhere, I've dealt with B&H for many years without problems. I don't know the prices elsewhere but it IS free shipping and in stock unlike the one I need for the Canon S95.........

Jim, we have the Canon housings for the S95 if you need them. btw, B&H is great, I've bought all my cameras and lenses from them.

Scott

I have a Fisheye FIX g11 and was using it with my G11, worked great!

Can anyone please confirm if i can use that same housing with the G12? any limitations?

Thanks for helping on this :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom