Hotels in Venice ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveBandit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody from the Venice Florida area could recommend a hotel in the area within 3 or 4 miles of the beach dives. I'm going down the weekend of March 18th.

Also, anybody interested in Shark tooth diving with us that weekend, and what do you think the Vis will be (or has been historically this time of year)

Thanks.

We stayed down there in a condo between the pier and Venice Public Beach. The condo was on the beach, on the SW corner of the intersection of Everglades and Golden Beach Blvd. It was very nice, although a bit pricey. The people there were friendly also. I put a thread out there sometime in August/Sep time frame with the contact info but I don't remember the name offhand. I'll ask the wife and post it later. It is about 4-5 blocks from Alahambra and the South end of VPB.

There's a Motel 8 nearby that we always use when there's too many people to sleep in the car. I think its a little north of Venice Ave. on the west side of Tamiami Trail, but I'm not positve. I'm sure the Motel 8 website has the exact spot. I know its pretty cheap and its not bad at all(plus a pool).

Don't know if this is what you're looking for but...

We stayed at the BeachComber condos in Venice. We talked to Maureen - her and her husband manage it. Quality people - treated our children with kindness and respect. Be mindful though, it is a condo rental and they don't supply housekeeping and expect you to leave the place somewhat orderly and clean. It is also a bit expensive, but it was only 5 blocks or so from the Venice dive, and right on a dive-able section of beach between Alahambra and Sharkeys (found some teeth there in the afternoon). Geared up in the parking lot and walked to the surf.

720 Golden Beach Boulevard
Venice, FL 34285
Toll-Free: (866) 488-4237
Cell: (941) 468-4999

Link:
http://www.beachcomberinvenice.com/

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom