Hotels and dive operators on Ambergris Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Banyan Bay is a good resort. They're linked to Bottom Time dive shop, which is by far the longest established of currently operating dive centers, and a good one.

For Lighthouse/Blue Hole or Turneffe/Elbow trips there is now a bigger boat than Amigo's Pro-48. AquaDives new boat is (I think) 52' long but measured in a different way - it's actually much longer than the Pro-48. Consequently it should ride better, though I haven't tried it yet. It's also much more powerful, with 2*700hp Caterpiller diesels. It seems cheap to operate though, so they still have a quorum of 10 divers.

Whoever you choose to dive with for local diving will book you onto any of the longer-distance boats and you needn't worry about it. The biggest problem you'll face at that time is there being enough divers wanting to go on the trip for it to happen. AC is nothing like as busy as the resorts in countries to north or south.

As to hotels, a lot depends on what you prefer and what your price range is. You'll get deals at that time of the year, but there'll still be a wide range. Ones we find our divers like include Banyan Bay, Banana Beach, Xanadu, Caribbean Villas, Mata Rocks, Exotic Caye, Sunbreeze, The Palms, Blue Tang. Cheaper ones that offer very good value for money include Spindrift in the town center. At the bottom end many people choose Pedro's Backpackers' Inn. Follow the link Jaydub gave to get more info on these, or if you PM me I can give more detail.

peterbj,

Do you have some dives that you recommend for the Belize area along the reefs? I'm looking in particular for lots of life, good macro opportunites, the rare toadfish (white one I think?), sea horses, etc.

Staying on AC.

Thanks.

Aggie Diver:
peterbj,

Do you have some dives that you recommend for the Belize area along the reefs? I'm looking in particular for lots of life, good macro opportunites, the rare toadfish (white one I think?), sea horses, etc.

Staying on AC.

Thanks.

Eagle Ray Canyons--Havn't been dissapointed yet :D Although no toadfish or sea horses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom