Hotel Cozumel Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmtndiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi I have a few questions regarding Hotel Cozumel.

If we use a offsite dive op are we allowed to use the dive lockers and pier for pickup and is there any charges for pier use.

Does HC have rinse tanks for guest to use or do you need to be diving with Paradise.

Could anyone help me out with info concerning shore diving, night dives and tank rentals from HC.

Thanks

They will give you a locker key at check in if you ask. You can use the rinse tanks. Shore dive is okay. Rent tanks from the DP shop, which is right there. Not sure if they stay open past 6 p.m. or so, check to make sure. They always seem to be very helpful even if you don't dive with them. I do not use them anymore, however, they do offer small boat trips which I enjoyed very much. Big boats, not so much.

ditto to what kentmorrdave said...also you can use the pier for another diveop to pick you up w/o a charges....it does get crowded on the pier around pickup time....so watch for your op's boat... also some dive op's will keep and rinse and dry your gear so you really don't have to worry about the lockers they are not ventilated and stuff gets stinky fast :wink: I usually take my wetsuit/booties back to the room to dry....have a great trip

Ditto again to what the other guys said, I did all of that last year on 2 trips to Hotel Coz. I think Dive Paradise does stay open a little later than six, we did a shore night dive in October and we went out around 7:30 or so, not a bad dive for $6.

And the lockers are controlled by the hotel, not the dive op. The only issue I have seen is where they run out and you might have to wait until a group leaves before getting a key.

Like everyone else said...

Get a locker key from the Hotel Desk. We had to wait a day to get one because they were all out. I wasn't comfortable sticking my gear in a little locker to dry but it was nice to leave my weight pockets in. As you walk out to the pier these rinse tanks are on your left:
3442499649_d3121bddf7.jpg

and the lockers are to your right. We used Aqua Safari for all our boat dives and they picked us up right from our pier. We used Dive Paradise once during the trip for a shore dive.

I stayed at Hotel Cozumel during a group local dive trip 3 years ago, this was before the hurricane ripped through there.

Hotel Cozumel is on one side of the main road that goes around the island, to get to the dock you go through a short tunnel under the road, and on the other side is the dive shop which isn't much more than a window where you get your gear, the rinse tank and lockers are all right there.

There is, or was a nice shore dive right off of the pier by the dive shop, you jump in and you're already in a nice depth of around 20-30 feet. Good for a warm up dive but no comparison to the boat dives which bring you out to some amazing reefs.

I did a few night dives while I was there, one was going to be a shore dive right off the pier but when I got there, a small 6 pack boat was ready to head out for a night dive so I joined them.

Night dives seem to be a matter of demand, no matter where you go. Seems like most divers are not as into them, at least that's been my experience.

Hi, I will also be staying at Hotel Cozumel during May. Any recommendations for room location for wi-fi access, view, and lack of noise? Also any do's and dont's?
Thanks,

Agree with all of the above, Hotel Cozumel is a great place to stay, we have many visits there, and in fact are going back in April. Here's our trip info. Most other operators are better choices than Dive Paradise, and the dock is available for everyone to load. The lockers are really convenient, and the rinse tanks work well too.

We have stayed in the poolside rooms many times without complaint and twice on the ocean view side. I won't swear to it, but I doubt you can find a room in Hotel Coz that you wouldn't be happy in provided you accept that it is in Mexico. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom