Info HotDive just got into rebreathers!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mobulai

Coder Monkey, Dreamer of Transhumanistic Machines
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Not much info out there, but Hotdive (a mainland china OEM/ODM supplier for regulators, for eg. the new Scubagaskets reg) just dropped this on their instagram, hinting that they’ll make their own mCCR unit

Yeah not really a useful thread (yet? Ever?)😅 — but I’m intrigued at lest 🤷🏽‍♀️

Ah, a poorly executed Meg/JJ/XCCR clone, I see...

"With a simpler structure and hose routing, #HOTDIVE and Deep Water System jointly developed the new M-CCR.
Next up is the chest mount and side mount, so stay tuned!"

Let's face it - they're going to compete on price.

Ah, a poorly executed Meg clone, I see...
Extremely poor — can’t wait for the testing rounds 🧟‍♀️

Let's face it - they're going to compete on price
If they don’t make it under 3k what’s even the point of them trying

How do you know it's poorly executed? They can make decent stuff in the PRC. It just takes a company willing and able to put in the necessary oversight.

Keep in mind, without 3rd party testing no agency will certify someone on it.
Just waiting on the brave soul that does it :popcorn:

At least use tanks with a round leading edge.

Come on. Straps. Just straps? Looks amatuer.

Ffs.

How do you know it's poorly executed? They can make decent stuff in the PRC. It just takes a company willing and able to put in the necessary oversight.
Base rate.

Most items made in China for foreign markets must compete on price after tariffs and shipping overhead. Cheap price is the value proposition. Chinese companies can put only so much oversight and quality assurance before goods become expensive. Would you buy a $10K CCR from PRC if you could get good US or European made alternatives with good US support?

If there was a new German 'breather, I'd say "ok, I might try." But I'll pass on a life support system created in a country where human life is the cheapest thing.

Back
Top Bottom