Hot seawater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

afdgf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The seawater temperatures are reported to be amazingly warm, as in 89 or 90 degrees in some places. With those reports are also some warnings about an increased risk of infections. When I try to do a search on infections and seawater, all I am getting is warnings about sewage spills which is different. Does anyone know what the risks are, how to prevent whatever the infections are, and signs and symptoms to know when to go see a doctor? TIA

The seawater temperatures are reported to be amazingly warm, as in 89 or 90 degrees in some places. With those reports are also some warnings about an increased risk of infections. When I try to do a search on infections and seawater, all I am getting is warnings about sewage spills which is different. Does anyone know what the risks are, how to prevent whatever the infections are, and signs and symptoms to know when to go see a doctor? TIA
Here's one example of a ubiquitous waterborne pathogen that thrives in warmer temperatures. Prevention of infection would mean not diving with broken skin (including recent tattoos), especially if immunocompromised in any way, and thoroughly washing any skin breaks that happen in the water and monitoring for signs and symptoms infection: swelling, redness, pain, warmth in the area, and systemic symptoms like fever and chills, and seeking immediate medical attention if any of these happen.

Best regards,
DDM

Back
Top Bottom