Hose swivel or elbow for comfort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have found the Dive Rite and similar 90 degree fittings at the second stage very useful and do not add any significant failure mode, unlike the ball swivels. But, I have a ball swivel that has been in use for several decades, no issues.

N

[video=youtube;dSKGKG-8zRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSKGKG-8zRA&list=UUVCYEickXcRonYDFqvvZ4hw&index=14&featur e=plcp[/video]

The video shows a 40" hose configuration. I think it would be even more streamlined if the person was using a regulator with a bottom port like a MK-25 or a DST with a 5th port option.

Not in all situations. Two pictures of me one with out an elbow and one with, much more comfortable with. Using a seven foot hose with "proper routing".

View attachment 134157

I like that elbow! Where did you get it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New photo from yesterday (9/9) to demonstrate....

so, based on the success of my hose routing using swivels in the first stage (SP Mk-17), and an angle adapter on the second (as well as the bungied octo), I think I have achieved much...
vlcsnap-2012-09-10-11h16m09s171.jpg

those are two LP inflator hoses (wing & DS) on my left and the 7' up from my oppisite hip, and the skinny HP hose can be seen going down to my hip behind that, my bungied octo is the furthest on my right, and that is a 7' hose to the reg in my mouth...

pretty darn streamlined.......

note: reg in my mouth is sitting a little screwy because I almost lost it laughing just before the photograph was taken....

edit - actually, looking at this some more, the mouthpiece is all in - its the SP quick release band that is showing....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom