Hose setup..need advice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone used a shorty type hose to attach your transmitter the the 1st stage? I was thinking an HP Miflex in like 4-6" and maybe even with a 90 degree elbow might work well to provide a transmitter with a lot of stress relief and keep it from sticking straight out to the side. I just got a computer with a transmitter and have no idea if this is a common thing or not but seems like it would be worth looking at.
The short hose thing has been discussed previously
AI transmitter damage when directly connected to 1st stage | ScubaBoard
Attaching AI transmitter to the 1st stage | ScubaBoard

Depending on how good your eyes are you could steal my setup. I placed my transmitter and a button gauge on the end of my hose with a block adapter. Gives my computer a cleaner line to my transmitter and keeps my transmitter safe from getting smashed into a rock during lobster season.

Attachments

• Resized_20200814_184128.jpeg
    Resized_20200814_184128.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 195
@RobPNW

The BC/drysuit inflators supposedly provides less air than the regular LP hoses used for 2nd stages. I'm not sure if that's a OD difference, but suspect it's really the issue with the QD connector size.

Anyways, use whatever came with the integrated Octo unless it needs replacement or need to adjust the length. If you need a different hose, I believe any regulator LP hose should do (rubber or miflex). Usually you can pull the QD female fitting off the old hose and put it on the new hose. Change any o-rings for the fitting. Atleast this is my experience with QDs for XS scuba, atomic, scubapro.

Depending on how good your eyes are you could steal my setup. I placed my transmitter and a button gauge on the end of my hose with a block adapter. Gives my computer a cleaner line to my transmitter and keeps my transmitter safe from getting smashed into a rock during lobster season.

That's really cool. I've never seen that before.

Excellent innovation! Can you share a part number/source for that block?

Regulator Double Braided Flex Hose

I have dove with the exact same setup you describe. I used the DGX braided hoses (about 1/2 the cost of miflex) with absolutely no problem. I did use a 90 deg angle on the underarm routed primary.

When I use a long hose setup with doubles I use rubber, just works better with the wrap, but for under arm the braided DGX are just fine.

How long is the hose, what is its route, where is it clipped off?

Thanks

Looks perfect, and even smaller than the other one.

What length HP hose will you use? Oops. Someone beat me to the question.

Back
Top Bottom