hose quality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snobeach

Reaction score
I have a TX100 and Im shopping around for some new/different length hoses. Is there anything I need to know about quality differences or are they all about the same? Anything to watch out for? Thanks, as always!:)

The TX100 has a ½” MP port (versus the typical 3/8”) that the primary second stage is typically attached to.

Mike

If you are looking for a set of hoses - Halcyon sells a singles or doubles set. Maybe cheaper than buying seperate.

Eric

The 7' hose I bought from Fifth Dimension was marked Halcyon along the hose - it is incredibly flexible. The other hoses in the same doubles kit were not marked Halcyon, and were a lot stiffer. The Halcyon hose is definitely the nicest one I've dived with - it makes routing very simple because of the flexibility.

Don't know how durable it is though. Anyone had one for an extended period of time?

I just ordered with 5th Dimension. I'm taking the advice of many on the board and plugging the 1/2" port, and getting a new LP hose for the 3/8".
The halcyon hose sounds good, so it seems I made the right choice! One more question for those of you with a bungeed back-up -> are you using a 22" or 24" hose? I didn't expect the choice. Thanks for the help.

Depends on your regulator configuration - if the port is horizontal, the 22" is probably fine, but if the port is downward facing or you're diving doubles the 24" may be more comfortable. I have both - 22" on singles, 24" on doubles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom