Hose Protector install/remove station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would bend two tubes in the shape of a triangle for a handle
with a straight bit poking out, one to be tapped the other died

So far ive got away with just spitting on them and shoving them in. Brute force and ignorance lol

My brute force days have past, arthritis in my wrists makes brute force hurt, me.

I guess it depends on the protector and the hose too, most of the ones ive dealt with were fairly easy to manipulate, only a couple got the hook knife...

Usually dish soap twist and pull... I have used a screw driver to push inside the fitting.
To install throw it into a toaster oven. 250 -300 F

Might be a terminology or translation issue; what do you mean by…

I missed this last night. I wanted some way to secure the fittings from the junk hoses to a piece of flat stock I could then bolt to something and use as an anchor point for pulling hose protectors on and off.

I'm not the viral young buck I once was and now as a topper arthritics is in every joint I have to a degree. The wrists are bad the left foot wouldn't articulate. The knees are good they are titanium!

@Sawdust82 you'll like this, I think.

I took a different look at the hose protector build. I took a page out of my regulator service book. The SP 109/156 has hard rubber exhaust tees, harder in fact than hose protectors. To reinstall them boiling hot water is used to soften them up. A twist and a push installed!
It also works with hose protectors. They can be removed and reused and reinstalled very easily. I used a piece of green scotchguard for a non-slip grip. Works great! No brute force or cutting tools needed. No building and the water is free I have a well! I got out of this golden!

Back
Top Bottom