Hose Lengths (Newer Diver)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guys be careful here. Some of those first stages are 1/2" and some are 3/8". I am not sure what the flathead has, but a quick trip over to the Zeagle page should sort that out.

Apeks often use 1/2" on the primary regulator port. I don't think they are alone in the practice. But if the Zeagle is all 3/8", then good for them. Makes things MUCH easier.

SparticleBrane:
3/8 is the standard, Andy!

PerroneFord:
Apeks often use 1/2" on the primary regulator port. I don't think they are alone in the practice. But if the Zeagle is all 3/8", then good for them. Makes things MUCH easier.
Apeks still uses the 1/2" on the ATX series, but has 3/8" on the newer XTX series. US Divers has used a 1/2" port, too.

Stephen Ash:
You might want to re-think the 5' hose.

Think he'll listen? H2Andy told him the same thing. My 5' hose is sitting in the corner somewhere gathering dust. Because some LDS told me the 7ft hose was "for overhead diving".

Now I have two 7ft hoses.. one for my single, and one for my doubles.

A 7' hose is nicer, but do you guys who are recommending it dive one with a traditional BC? It's a pain in the rear to get it tucked under the waist strap/cummerbund and get it to stay there. That's why the three people I mentioned all went with the 5 foot length.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom