Hose Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atlas750

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I got a new Octo and hose, and need to hook it up to my first stage. Do I just unhook my old hose and hook mynew one up? or do I need to use silicone on the new o ring? Will this be OK for Nitrox? Thanks.

I got a new Octo and hose, and need to hook it up to my first stage. Do I just unhook my old hose and hook mynew one up? or do I need to use silicone on the new o ring? Will this be OK for Nitrox? Thanks.

Hey atlas:

Check here for the scoop!

No silicone for nitrox though (but really depending on your oxygen concentration). Christolube, Tribolube, or some other oxygen safe lubricant is preferred and used instead.

And finally, follow Herman's torque advice.

Kind regards,
Thomas

Silicone is fine for nitrox at rec O2 percentages. If you are dealing with 100% O2 that's a different matter. Otherwise- see the link above. However, it is possible the octo will need to be adjusted some. That is your call. I would suggest you go to this thread, at the end of the second page do steps 2- 8 and 10.....although doing the entire checklist is a great idea. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/260452-regulator-checklist-inspection-2.html

All dive gear is good to 40% nitrox. I would not put anything on the threads, just crush the o-ring down with about 1/4 to 1/2 a trun after the hose is hand tight. Don't over tighten

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom