Hose for BCD from Reg 1st - which length and material?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm still renting BCDs (size M/L, depending on the brand and availibility), which size of hose do I need to buy?

Also, what material? I see that they may come in rubber or "flex"?

FWIW I just bought a new Dive Rite Hydro Lite size large and it comes with a 22 inches flex LP inflator hose. The BC corrugated hose is 21.5 inches from tip of the button to the end of the pull dump valve. The corrugated section alone is 16 inches, which is how I believe manufacturers size the BC hoses. 16 inches is the most common size.

22 inches LP inflator hose fits me fine for single cylinder rec diving. Not much extra hose to bulge out.

When I replaced all the BC inflator hoses on my family's regs I used 26 inches flex LP inflator hoses. That is more than enough with extra to spare. They all rent BCs now and for the future and I figured a little extra length bulging out a little is better than too short.

For LP inflator hose flex is lighter and doesn't suffer problems of pulling hair or floating around because it's strapped to the BC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom