Horizon Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jshreck

Registered
Reaction score
A few friends and I are planning a trip to the Key Largo area in early October. How does everyone recommend planning a "dive vacation" ? We're from the midwest so we've done day trips but this is our first real vacation with the sole intent of diving -- Is our best bet to buy a multiple trip package and do numerous days worth of dives with one dive operator ? If so has anyone done any diving with Horizon Divers out of Key Largo ? Or who would you recommend diving with ?

Thanks !

i have just returned from diving in key largo and I dove with Horizon divers. I cannot commend their professionalism and treatment of their customer divers. I cannot give then enough cudos as this was my first ocean dive and it was spectacular from beginning to end. They have hotel packages available as well as discounted scuba trip packages if your going to do multiple dive. Any more questions i'd be happy to help

Most operators I checked out in Key Largo offer discounts if you book a multi-day trip. I went with Conch Republic and highly recommend them.
You can get some good prices on local hotels or a condo. I rented a 2 bdrm condo within 3 mins of the shop for $900/week. It's the best deal since you can cook your own meals instead of eating at local places (which I don't recommend-not many choices).

I am currently planning a return trip to the Keys using Horizon :D
We use them every time we go and I assure you that you will be happy. I prefer their boat to most others - twin hull, 2/3 of the deck is shaded, very large dry storage bin, multiple entry/exit points, and even on dives that were listed as full there was still plenty of room on the boat. As for the crew and staff I can't begin to say enough good things. If you plan to do most or all of your dives from the key Largo area they give a pretty good discount on their three and five trip tickets. Acknowledging that there are several quality operators in the area, if you are already looking at Horizon, give them a call and get on the list - you won't be sorry.

Great dive operation. I ship all our gear to them via UPS. They let it dry, pack it up and ship it back to me via UPS. No airline hassles! I'll continue to use them for my Keys escapades!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom