Hoping to Indentify an Object at Willis Point?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cfenton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We did a dive over the weekend at Willis Point in the Saanich Inlet. As soon as we dropped down to about 100' (on a high tide) we came to a bathtub. Close to the bathtub was something that looked...torpedolike. Has anybody seen it, and knows what it is?

We did a dive over the weekend at Willis Point in the Saanich Inlet. As soon as we dropped down to about 100' (on a high tide) we came to a bathtub. Close to the bathtub was something that looked...torpedolike. Has anybody seen it, and knows what it is?

Hey Chris, I notice the new addition to Willis PT about 3 months ago, after taking a close look at it I would say that it's an old kayak.

Al

Hey Al, somehow I knew I would get a response from you! I know you've got a couple hours of bottom time at Willis.:wink:

At first glance I thought it was a kayak. But it's metal and has some wires inside. Also the fins on the back didn't seem like a rudder. But, I don't know much about kayaks, I could be wrong. I'll have to go back for a closer look.

She ain't no kayak! I've *heard* that it's an unmanned submersible. I don't know anything else about it, though. Definitely wires, metal, tail fin, a "cockpit."

VI

She ain't no kayak! I've *heard* that it's an unmanned submersible. I don't know anything else about it, though. Definitely wires, metal, tail fin, a "cockpit."

Interesting! I will have to take a closer look next time. It does seem a little fragile to be a submersible but you never know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom