Hoping for company near Deerfield Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boulderjohn

Technical Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I will be visiting relatives in Deerfield Beach, arriving March 28 and leaving April 4. This is not a hard core dive trip, but I am hoping to get in at least a few dives while I am there.

I have done this trip a couple of times in the past, and I have done some dives with Dixie Divers and with Parrot Island. Both were OK, but I had some minor problems associated with being a single diver in search of a buddy. I have also had trouble getting a variety of dives--with as few dives as I have done in this area, I seem to have that damn Sea Emperor memorized.

If you don't mind joining an out-of-town stranger and --especially--showing him some of the better dives in the area, I would certainly appreciate it.

(There is a good chance I will do at least one dive while I am there with friends of my relatives, and they are pretty much beginners--I am looking for something good for the other days.)

John,
If you dont mind a short drive north to BoyntonBeach I dive Splashdowndivers and never once had a dive pal,
They will let you solo or hook you up with a local diver, They have some nice reef systems and dive several wrecks too ask! They have some Great DM's and nice boat,and with the amount of dives you have a local would not mind to dive with you.
www.splashdowndivers.com
and a lot of SB's dive the boat!
Have a fun trip! As I hope to get down in a month!
Brad

Splashdown and diversity are great bets for the area and there are many more great operators in our area.

Personally I would take the drive up to Boynton. But dont sell the Pompano area short, on any weekday dive you have a lot of say in where the boat goes..speak up

Henry

Feel free to pm me for a phone call if you need any info. My work schedule doesnt allow me to plan dives much in advance so I cant give a definate ok.

Hey Brad !!

You have been saying a month for over a month now, LOL:D

Anyway, Splashdown seems to be a favorite in the area !!!

Enjoy !!!

John,

I'll dive w/ ya over the weekend if ya like... I usually hang w/ LadyGoDiver or Parrot Island these days. The AM charters are fairly textbook, i.e. Copenhagen/Reef & Sea Emp/Reef for classes. I too have had enough of the Sea Emp in 2 dives. The PM charters tend to throw in some of the deeper recreational wrecks. I had an awesome time this past weekend out on LGD... The Captn Dan and Union Express.

-Tim

ChillyWilly:
Hey Brad !!

You have been saying a month for over a month now, LOL:D

Anyway, Splashdown seems to be a favorite in the area !!!

Enjoy !!!

Seems like when I come down I bring a cold spell and well then all the locals whimp out! Not me more room on the dive boat,
So I am working on my boat now and thinking a Spring Break trip is due soon! pluss I have a few snow birds cars to move north & this helps off set the dive charters,But the birds aint flying yet!
I am for sure down for Ocean fest,As I have to bring a toy I bought my wife home!
See you soon Walter,
Dive Safe!
Brad

netmage:
John,

I'll dive w/ ya over the weekend if ya like... I usually hang w/ LadyGoDiver or Parrot Island these days. The AM charters are fairly textbook, i.e. Copenhagen/Reef & Sea Emp/Reef for classes. I too have had enough of the Sea Emp in 2 dives. The PM charters tend to throw in some of the deeper recreational wrecks. I had an awesome time this past weekend out on LGD... The Captn Dan and Union Express.

-Tim

Sent a PM.

Walter:
You'll be in an area with one of the finest run boats I've used. Check out Captain Tony of Sunstar Aquatics.

It is now March 10, and their schedule on their web site ends only goes through February. I have tried to email them, but I have had no response.

I will go with the phone next.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom