Hooyah (sp?) CERTIFIED!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WillAbbott

Reaction score
For those of you who remember I had some difficulty on my first open water dives, See Open Water Dives were today, and I Failed, yet passed.

Well today was a BEAUTIFUL day (in many ways) the weather at Florence, OR was absolutely gorgeous, 70+degrees easily, and we did my OW dives and dry suit check out dives... Everything was SO much better I was warm, comfortable, and had re-proven to myself in the pool that I could do the skills. I have to admit I was a little nervous yet excited and was a tad worried about the skills but I got down on the bottom, took a second thought through them and did them slowly and did them without an ounce of trouble. I want to thank Everyone for all the help they've been between you all, Eugene Skin Divers (my LDS), my Instructor Cressey Merrill, Rick Stratton (Northwest Dive News Editor), and all you folks here on Scubaboard.com, I would have all but given up if it weren't for the tremendous support and suggestions from all these people and resources... I had a blast today on the dives, even though the lake is mainly just a silty bottom, we did see a tiny freshwater sponge, a sculpin (or similar fish) or 2, and some small baby fish, as well as all the "neat" items Eugene Skin Divers has left under there for thier open water courses (the Sting concert was funny as heck). With not seeing too much life or anything it's amazing how much I enjoyed the dive and even just sitting there or slowly swimming along... Being dry makes a world of difference in the enjoyment factor....

THANKS SO MUCH ALL! I cant say THANKS enough :wink:

Hope to see you in the column someday. Good job!

Oh yes, I'm supposed to write an article (or at least just a summary of this whole ordeal) to be published in Northwest Dive News. Unfortunatlely I'm supposed to keep it around 1000 words (2 pages) but wordy old me has it currently at about 2000 words and 3 pages :S Got to work on it some more I guess.... I just talk/type way to much :D

Congratulation from snowy New York!

:clapping:

What great news! Congratulations! A truly memorable moment!

You were diligent about reading and learning everything you could, practicing until you got it, and you were driven toward your goal which is also why you reached it. After safety, being comfortable is nice isn't it.

Congratulations!

congrats.....good for you! welcome to a new addiction:D :bonk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom