Hookah Port question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have any more of them and at least for now have stopped making tools. No extra time these days.....but I may retire in the not too distant future and need something to do again.

The threads on the port are 9/16-18

So, would something like this work? I cannot find the exact one you posted about.
View attachment 682646
With that one, you would need a 1/4 NPT male to 3/8-24 adapter. The one AD has is Oxygen B to Oxygen B, and then half of this: DGX Adapter: Turns LP Reg Hose into BC Inflator Hose (it separates into 2 pieces, a 9/16 male to 3/18-24 female adapter and a 3/8 male to LP quick disconnect).
Here's a 1/4 NPT male to 3/8 female adapter that should work with the fitting you posted: OmniSwivel Adapter: 1/4-Inch NPT Male = 3/8-Inch F

Respectfully,

James

No tape needed on the adapters I posted.
This is the fitting from the welding store. This is the type: Western Enterprises M24-25 10231
View attachment 682643 View attachment 682644
This is the fitting Herman made for me.
I tried searching on the Western Enterprises website using the model type you listed for that fitting, and I can't seem to find one like it.

I don't have any more of them and at least for now have stopped making tools. No extra time these days.....but I may retire in the not too distant future and need something to do again.

The threads on the port are 9/16-18
Since you used to make adapters for the hookah port, would a fitting like this fit the port since the threads are 9/16"?

1632772810309.png

Thanks for your assistance.

I tried searching on the Western Enterprises website using the model type you listed for that fitting, and I can't seem to find one like it.
I wish that I could be more help but I too couldn't find that fitting again.

I wish that I could be more help but I too couldn't find that fitting again.
Thanks for looking. If I ever get this regulator working, I guess I may just have to use the DGX splitter and teflon tape. I guess I am late to the double hose party after these parts and tools were still easily sourced.

Since you used to make adapters for the hookah port, would a fitting like this fit the port since the threads are 9/16"?

View attachment 684222

That's the fitting for a second stage, different inside from the O2 b fitting that the hookah port uses. If you only need one hose, you can do O2 B fitting with a barb, cut the 1st stage end off an LP hose and have it crimped onto the B fitting.
Or even use it to make a short pigtail LP hose, then a 9//16 male adapter: OmniSwivel Union: 9/16-inch M = 9/16-inch M to attach it to a splitter. Would look a little different, but should work.
Last option is to see if a machinist local to you would make an adapter for you.

Best,

James

View attachment 684222

!!*(&*!! I dont't like this new format....anyway
I cant answer your question without having one in my hand. The thread size is just one aspect of the fit, mygu ess is it will not

No tape needed on the adapters I posted.
This is the fitting from the welding store. This is the type: Western Enterprises M24-25 10231
2nd stage hose (1).JPG

What about the other adaptor between M24-25 and the hose

Page 31

M24-25

M24-24

Chrome rather than brass

What about the other adaptor between M24-25 and the hose

Page 31

M24-25

M24-24

Chrome rather than brass
That is made to connect an old SPG HP hose to a new HP port so 3/8" female 9/16"male, I think. Good catch Happy I'd forgotten about that fitting. It can also be used to attach a LP hose to a HP port...for a microsecond anyway. :eek:

I noticed that link is to a 2018 listing.

Back
Top Bottom