Hookah Port question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LWP

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all:

On one of the DA Aquamasters or Royal Aquamasters what size are the threads on the hookah adapter? Are they 9/16" or some other size? I am trying to research what size an adapter would need to be to use the hookah port to attach an LP hose. I know that a couple of different people have made them in the past, but I can't seem to find anywhere online right now that actually has any for sale. Thank you are for your assistance.

I am trying to research what size an adapter would need to be to use the hookah port to attach an LP hose.
It's a 9/16 oxygen fitting, oddly enough. @herman has made adapters in the past, don't know if he still does.
On a few of mine I'm using this: DGX LP Y-Block: 2 Port 3/8-Inch F = 1 Port 9/16-Inch F
With lots of teflon tape It's still finicky to seal, but works.

Respectfully,

James

Check these out. The top one is Herman's post on adapters
DAAM / RAM IP adapter

This is my post about finding an adapter at a welding store that worked on my RAM's port both for checking the IP and to use the H port as a LP for a single octo.

My new toy

Why do you need to use so much teflon tape? Would it be possible to add a washer inside the fitting instead?
The air passages in the splitter are right at the edge of the bore.... An o ring or washer would block them, so I seal it with tape on the threads.

Why do you need to use so much teflon tape? Would it be possible to add a washer inside the fitting instead?

No tape needed on the adapters I posted.
This is the fitting from the welding store. This is the type: Western Enterprises M24-25 10231
2nd stage hose (1).JPG
Hookah fitting 0.JPG

This is the fitting Herman made for me.

There have been several generations of fittings for the Hookah port from various different people over many years. Some better than others. There are also the O2 fittings used by many in earlier times. The adapter made by @herman is nice and uses a rubber washer to seal. I think I owe him a beer or some sort of alcoholic beverage for mine.

James

So, would something like this work? I cannot find the exact one you posted about.
View attachment 682646

Sorry, I can't tell by looking at it. You should contact Herman. He's a really good guy and very helpful. He made the adaptor for me a couple of years ago. He's the man the makes tools for VDH.

He may have a ran off a few extras as long as he was setup for it, it would be worth PM to find out. Also if you take your reg to a welding supply store I'm sure they'd have something to fit or can get it.

Back
Top Bottom