Hoody Advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How should I make these holes in my hood?
I dont have a soldering iron and I dont know about heating up a nail to make the holes..

How many holes do I need? ..How big?

i have 1 hole at the top of my henderson hood.. it doesnt seem to do anything (not effective), though i havent really tried a hood withOUT a hole..so i cant compare. but the air still gets stuck in there, so i hafta hit/flatten the top of my head like a monkey once in a while and the air comes out.. he he he :whack:

Subzone,
You can buy a cheap soldering iron for $10 at a hardware store. The nail heated on a stove or with a torch also works but is difficult to keep heated. I used the nail because someone had borrowed my soldering iron and I didn't want to buy another one. I put 4 holes in the hood all the size of the nail. Sorry but I have no idea what # nail it was. Holes were about an inch apart.
Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom