hooded nudibranchs ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice pics indeed! But I want some details please....

what macro lens? strobe and setting? camera settings?

thanks!

Great presentation Bob, lovely shots.
I have to say that I like every single one, even feel that the backscatter is some of them adds to the moodiness of the shot.

fire_diver:
Very nice pics indeed! But I want some details please....

what macro lens? strobe and setting? camera settings?

thanks!
None of the above ... Fuji F10, internal flash, camera set to AUTO.

I'm strictly a point-n-shoot kinda guy ... so far, this is all new to me ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob, if you open your pictures in PS you can use alt+crl+I to get the photo information. Using MS Office picture manager you just go file => properties to get the same info.

For example this one was shot with an Opto S50 on 08-19-2005 at F/4.3 ~ 1/40 sec using a flash and patterned AE metering

NWGratefulDiver:
None of the above ... Fuji F10, internal flash, camera set to AUTO.

I'm strictly a point-n-shoot kinda guy ... so far, this is all new to me ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well i'm very impressed that those pics came from a "point and shoot" camera. But you also did very well to capture your subject as you did. I do really well with land photos (have even some some small awards) but I am just starting out with the uw stuff. I havent gotten a single pic as nice as yours, so well done!

fire_diver:
Well i'm very impressed that those pics came from a "point and shoot" camera. But you also did very well to capture your subject as you did. I do really well with land photos (have even some some small awards) but I am just starting out with the uw stuff. I havent gotten a single pic as nice as yours, so well done!
Thanks, I had a good teacher (Uncle Pug) ... in fact, I bought the camera from him too. Watching him take pictures for several months before I decided to give it a try, I noticed two things that really made a difference in quality ... getting in as close as possible to your subject, and really, REALLY good buoyancy control ... shutter lag on a digital camera can seem like an eternity when you're trying to maintain your position to take a picture ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm strictly a point-n-shoot kinda guy

Don't anybody get the wrong idea . . . that statement should read "point-n-shoot-n-shoot-n-shoot-n-shoot . . . " I know -- I was hovering nearby, in a dry suit full of water :)

TSandM:
I was hovering nearby, in a dry suit full of water :)
I did that to OE2X the other day too. :D At the one hour mark I gave him the I'm cold shiver which he returned. Then I found something else to take pictures of for the next 25 minutes and forgot about being cold.

Did Bob buy you chowder to make up for it?

He bought me AND my husband dinner. He's that kind of guy.

Back
Top Bottom