Hood Canal Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gdog,
Great shots! Love the wolfies! I live in Seabeck and if I could get over being such a coldwater puss I'd love to get my T2i in the water here. Just don't see that happening any time soon.

Hey.....quit being a puss!! You are missing out! No time like the present...er..or maybe when the current vis situation clears up at least!

nice pix

That was beautiful visibility! Looks like you had a very good day for wildlife, too. Did you see a lot of signs of stress?

Last time I dove the south wall of Sund Rock, I counted over 20 wolfies. Most were out of their caves/crevices and were looking very stressed. It is good to see that at least a few are back in their homes. Was the life band still limited to the top 25 feet?

At that time the band of life was above 20 fsw. They were all distressed. I believe there were probably 15 or so wolfies on the south wall, and probably like 4-6 on the north, actually fish bowl. Only the one was in a den, the rest, including all the octos, were out in the open. Proabaly 8 - 10 octos. Deeper than 25' there wasnt any life at all, but dead octopus bodies.
The visibility was stellar tho!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom