Honu's Revenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadrewvideo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Yesterday while diving spitting caves, we had a turtle that was very aggressive and pretty much wanted to bite anything she could. As you see in the video, first she tried to bite the extended hand of my diver. Not wanting to see a client get hurt, I decided to occupy the turtles attention.
Fingers, lights, hair, snorkels....it didn't matter, she was trying to bite everything.
Check it out and enjoy. For those not familiar with turtles, I do not recommend trying this, or you might lose a finger or two. Check out the background to see how fast I had to spin in circles to keep her from getting my fingers.

yup - it's called wildlife ... never know what they'll do next. Glad you were able to keep all your fingers :)

nice footage btw...

Aloha, Tim

I am sure you answered this already to someone somewhere at sometime--but what kind of housing/Vid camera are you using? In the words of my 3 year old "I need one"

Man thats an awesome video! I haven't come across any honu that want to nip me...yet.

how would you like it if someone waves a steak in your face you should have had your fingers bit off for that

BigBadDiver:
how would you like it if someone waves a steak in your face you should have had your fingers bit off for that
Especially if you're a vegetarian like the turtles... :p

She was mighty playful! Just like a young puppy... don't suppose you hit up a big salad bar on your way to the dive site, eh?

Seeing as how you don’t mention any injuries….that’s pretty funny. What was it that made those teenage turtles mutant ninjas?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom