Honolulu Marathon & Traffic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha Catherine
I made it with no blisters. It took me quite a few months to get used to wearing shoes, after wearing slippers for a decade.
Hi Sea nmf. Oh gosh did it ever rain, it was a real soaker, no it did not help. The last half of the race, was hot and humid.
Aloha Roger

...why are they such great runners, again?

something about their lungs or anatomy?

I think Africa has some of the best runners.

I saw on a show several years ago when all the winners in marathons were Kenyans that it is because they run their whole life. If they want to get anywhere, they run there. Kids run to and from school, etc.

hmm, you'd think that would make the lions chase you....

I saw on a show several years ago when all the winners in marathons were Kenyans that it is because they run their whole life. If they want to get anywhere, they run there. Kids run to and from school, etc.
My brother does marathons, told me some of his best training was when he lived in New Orleans.

Seems the periodic sprints he would do during training runs to get away from muggers did the trick...........Or so he says.......:14:

Very cool event. I ran it with my good friend, we had the exact same start/finish times. 7hrs5mins23sec. We pretty much jogged the whole thing, up until the last 4 miles which took us 2.5 hrs. My leggies are still sore! :) The coolest part was running up diamond head, and seeing the finishers running down. A bit discouraging when you realized how far they had already gone...and how far we still had to go. The guy that ran it backwards was really cool.

Congrats to all the took part in this!

Congrats SEXSEA
For me the hardest part was the final downhill at diamond head, I was afraid I might cramp up, so I took that last 3 miles very slowly.
Aloha
Roger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom