Honolua Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A little old fashioned greed is going to cost these people. Looks like they'll be considered illegal squatters before long.

oh well

Wow, I just read this whole thread.
Incredible what people try... and resorting to mafia like "Protection" charges!

Glad I never had to deal with this guy. I'm glad people brough it up. Does everyone feel the threats are really over?

Is someone seriously thinking about building there?! building what?...and why? the only thing I can think of having up there would be a small snack bar/convience store...very, very small...no gas, walk up service....ut oh! visions of "Sharky's Grill" surfacing again :)

Maybe the next time that mamma tiger shows up in the bay to take up her month or so of residence we can toss some of the folks fighting over the "ownership" of it in the soup and we can see who wins THAT argument over ownership.

It sounds like ML&P wants to "own" it free & clear so they can donate it back to the state... that's cool in my books.

That would be cool Kris.

Yes I believe issues with the "landowners" are pretty much over, go dive it again.

http://www.mauinews.com/story.aspx?id=26640

The Office of Conservation and Coastal Lands has recommended a $331,350 fine for clearing land and erecting structures without permits. Per today's Maui News, Narcisco "Jimmy" Billianor has contested it so it will be going to a contested case hearing later. He still faces charges of terroristic threatening and 3rd degree extortion.

The $5 "donation" thing has been tolerated down at the trailhead to Green Sands beach at South Point on the Big Island for years. It's pretty common knowledge that you'll be broken into if you don't fork it over, but the people don't outright say it'll happen, just does.

Back
Top Bottom