Honeymoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Javony

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My fiancé and I have decided on Belize for our honeymoon destination. Neither of us have been before, but have heard great things. My question is, what region should we go to and are there any suggestions on accommodations? We are leaning towards a resort because of activities and entertainment opportunities. We'd like to do 3-4 days of diving and then sightsee and relax for the remainder of our honeymoon. We'd like something to do during the evening time nearby ie; live music, dinner and drinks. Any help would be appreciated!

We spent our honeymoon in 1997 aboard the windjammer Fantome sailing around Belize and the Bay Islands. We loved it. Thats why we keep going back several times a year. I would look at visiting a jungle lodge such as Ian Anderson's Caves Branch for 3 days. It is quiet and very private. The tours are seriously adventurous and it is a unique place. They have a 3 day deal that is quite a good value. After that I would head out to Ambergris Caye for diving and socializing. If you are social people, there is always live music somewhere, and there is a wide variety of restaurants and nightlife. We like to stay at Captain Morgan's, but it is a bit far from town. If you like to go out at night, I'd look at one of the places close to town such a Caribbean Reef Villas. I heard a lot of negative feedback from a couple on their honeymoon that was at Ramon's during our last trip. they found it to be noisy and not very private. I have not stayed in any of those places myself. It is truely a magical place. Have fun, but be responsible for your own safety alomng the way. They have very different safety standards than the US.

My fiancé and I have decided on Belize for our honeymoon destination. Neither of us have been before, but have heard great things. My question is, what region should we go to and are there any suggestions on accommodations? We are leaning towards a resort because of activities and entertainment opportunities. We'd like to do 3-4 days of diving and then sightsee and relax for the remainder of our honeymoon. We'd like something to do during the evening time nearby ie; live music, dinner and drinks. Any help would be appreciated!

You should consider Placencia. Great diving, good access to inland adventures, best beaches in Belize, lots of neat restaurants, laid back friendly life style, resorts ranging from economy to luxury.
Regards
Ralph

Back
Top Bottom