Honeymoon!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, Now I am rather sad... :( Do you guys really pay $2600+ to go diving when you are on vacation? After I looked at all the diving I wanted to do it looks like we will have cancel alot of boat dives and do more shore dives or no dives. :(

This is what I had if we were millionaires!

5/16 arrive Kauai
5/17 Seasports 3 tank dive
5/18 Seasport Ni'ihau dive
5/20 arrive Kona
5/21 Honaunau bay "two step" and Jacks Manta ray night dive
5/22 Jacks 3 tank dive
5/25 arrive Maui
5/26 4 tank dive lahaina divers Turtle reef and Molokini front
5/27 2 tank Lanai lahaina divers
5/30 2 tank backside Molokini
5/31 leave islands at midnight

Any suggestions on how to get it cheaper or what I should replace and with what?

thanks again!

In the past, for a 2-week holiday on Maui, I've booked three two-tank dive charters, coming to approx $450 pp. The rest of my time I fill with shore diving and maybe some dive training.

If I had to pare down that list a bit, it would probably be this:

Kauai - Ni'ihau
Kona - Manta & Black water dive
Maui - Lanai & Molokini backwall

any more suggestions for shore dives?

20vturbo:
any more suggestions for shore dives?
Well, let's put it this way.

You could dive a new shore dive site every day for a month on Maui, and not have done them all. :)

Personally, I'm fond of Ulua Beach, Makena Landing (another entry to the Five Graves/Five Caves area), Maluaka Beach (in front of the Maui Prince), Ahihi Bay, Olowalu (Mile Marker 14) and, if I have a scooter or a Kayak, the St. Anthony and Carthaginian. North of Lahaina, there's Mala Wharf, Airport Beach, Honolua Bay and others. By May, Maliko Gulch may be diveable as well.

And that's just Maui... I've not done any diving off Kauai nor Hawaii (Big Island).

:D

KrisB:
Well, let's put it this way.

You could dive a new shore dive site every day for a month on Maui, and not have done them all. :)

Personally, I'm fond of Ulua Beach, Makena Landing (another entry to the Five Graves/Five Caves area), Maluaka Beach (in front of the Maui Prince), Ahihi Bay, Olowalu (Mile Marker 14) and, if I have a scooter or a Kayak, the St. Anthony and Carthaginian. North of Lahaina, there's Mala Wharf, Airport Beach, Honolua Bay and others. By May, Maliko Gulch may be diveable as well.

And that's just Maui... I've not done any diving off Kauai nor Hawaii (Big Island).

:D

Wow, great thanks so much, we will look at those! :)

I live across the street from the Koloa Landing. Its an amazing shore dive if you take your time and enjoy all of the macro stuff too. If your into feeding the fish this site is great, many of the the tropicals will come up and beg to get food. I have seen people use everything from cat food to cooked rice packed into a 20oz bottle, and even the overpriced crap they try to sell you at the dive shop.

Kauai is second to none of the other islands for jungle beauty and serenity. If you want quiet beaches- a simple 10 min car ride from the Sheraton and then a 10 minute hike and I bet you, you have your own private beach for most the day...

Have fun when your here, and if you have any questions about my home island (Kauai) just ask- bjpell@yahoo.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom