Honeymoon and Diving Caribbean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

depending on what you are looking for we did our honeymoon in feb in bonaire and we thought it was so incredible we are going back this coming feb again

I thought about Bonaire but don't know if my fiance would be willing to go there. What do you guys think about the Bahamas or Cayman's? Soooo many choices

Tim Ingersoll:
The only trouble with St. Maarten IMHO is that the diving is something less than what you would find on St. Lucia.

...hence the discussion of St. Martin for access to Saba and Anguilla too - not implying stay on St. Martin only. The island grouping IMO has a good mix of good diving, fabulous beaches, yet also good restaurant/nightlife/shopping for a good spousal compromise site. :)

But this is after all just a suggestion. No skin off my back either way. :wink:

RTRski:
...hence the discussion of St. Martin for access to Saba and Anguilla too - not implying stay on St. Martin only. The island grouping IMO has a good mix of good diving, fabulous beaches, yet also good restaurant/nightlife/shopping for a good spousal compromise site. :)

But this is after all just a suggestion. No skin off my back either way. :wink:
Agreed.
Although I'm just as biased as you. Spending every summer down there for two weeks...for the last 9 years. My home away from...well home!

CSD1129:
Agreed.
Although I'm just as biased as you. Spending every summer down there for two weeks...for the last 9 years. My home away from...well home!

My god...you're my DAUGHTER's age and have been there for the last 9 years running?

Some kids get all the luck... sheesh.

(We took our daughter with us last year, but this year is just ours!)

RTRski:
My god...you're my DAUGHTER's age and have been there for the last 9 years running?

Some kids get all the luck... sheesh.

(We took our daughter with us last year, but this year is just ours!)

It might be 8 years. But I think it's the 9th visitcuz we stopped there on a cruise in April.
When you find a place you like why leave? The island is great for virtually anyone...teens included.

Wasn't saying you shouldn't go back...was saying I was envious. We can't afford that kind of travel for our daughter on a regular basis, and I couldn't as a yungun myself. Sorry if it sounded snotty, t'weren't my intent.... :)

RTRski:
Wasn't saying you shouldn't go back...was saying I was envious. We can't afford that kind of travel for our daughter on a regular basis, and I couldn't as a yungun myself. Sorry if it sounded snotty, t'weren't my intent.... :)

Nah I didn't take it as that at all. I was just pointing out that we always intended on going somewhere else...but it never happened! SXM is interesting...I see mostly the same people down there every year!

Have a great trip. Please report back on Saba (I'm dying to go there). We went to ST.Barts last year instead of Saba (more for the non-divers to do!).

What dive op are you gonna use? (I usually use Dive Safaris...I wanna do a class with them this trip!)

Ha ha you two SXM Junkies are funny.

Ok, question for either one of you or anyone out there: In regard to hurricanes, is it better to go down there early Aug or sometime in Sept?

Thanks ahead!

plainsong:
Ha ha you two SXM Junkies are funny.

Ok, question for either one of you or anyone out there: In regard to hurricanes, is it better to go down there early Aug or sometime in Sept?

Thanks ahead!

SXM Junkie at your service!
I'll be going down in Early August. We never go in September...because I'll be back in school! We usually have great weather in August. SXM is blessed...it's one of those places where it could be raining on one side of the street and not the other...(Or it will down pour for five minutes and then the sun will shine!)

Hurricane Season starts in June...I think it lasts until december. A lot of things might be closed for september (I really don't know. I've never been there in Sept)...sometimes restaurants start closing while we're there until october/nov.

Last year there was a tropical storm off of martinque in early August (made waters a little bit rough) otherwise didn't interfere with SXM weather. I don't think it rained (even for five minutes) once last year. Hope this helps a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom