Honeymoon Advice Needed....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lambster

Registered
Reaction score
My Wife to be and I are going to the Caribbean in October for our Honeymoon and we would like to combine it with some diving. We have never been to the Caribbean before so we need some help on deciding where to go.

We are both dm's with about 200+ dive each, mainly in South East Asia. We like seeing big fish best of all!!!

I heard that it might be hurricane season this time of year in the Caribbean? is this true?
We could also travel outside the Caribbean to Costa Rica, Belize or Honduras etc if the diving there is better.
What we really want is a romantic place with awesome diving. Does this exist?

The only restriction is that we have to be back in BVI in November to start work (managed to get a bit of dm work).

We are also not overly rich so nothing too too expensive...

Thanks in Advance..

Hello Lambster,

Can't go wrong with Bonaire for awesome shore diving. It's outside the hurricane belt as well.

Big fish can be found on the east side of the island (Larry's Wild Side Diving).

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

The places I consider most romantic aren't necessarily the ones which are best for big critters. Bahamas and Turks & Caicos rank highly for large animals. Both will still likely have warmer water in October. They can both be romantic, but they're not what I'd rank first in that category, but definitely first for the larger species. The places I think are most romantic are St. Lucia and Dominica personally, both have good diving, especially Dominica, but not for the big stuff. Curacao is a nice combo of romantic and diving, along with being out of the hurricane belt. But again, not a lot of large critters.

On a budget, and with the combo you're looking for, I'd probably look at the out islands of the Bahamas.

October still technically is hurricane season, though not quite as risky statistically as September. Belize/Honduras is actually a bit more dangerous that part of the season, as the Gulf tends to stay warmer later.

We went diving in the Bahamas for our honeymoon and had a great time. Lots of fish, but nothing big. We liked Aruba and it is out of the hurricane belt. I've heard great things about Bonaire and we plan to go there soon.

Back
Top Bottom