Honduras immigration precheck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruisekingkris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading to AKR Saturday and I just fumbled my way through the Honduras immigration website to precheck our arrival. Is this even required anymore ? I thought as of December 2023 American citizens didn’t have to do this, anyone travel there lately that can advise on entry procedure ?

It is not necessary however doing it in advance likely speeds up the line for everyone. But unlike MPC in the US, there is no special line for people who have done the precheck

Heading to AKR Saturday and I just fumbled my way through the Honduras immigration website to precheck our arrival. Is this even required anymore ? I thought as of December 2023 American citizens didn’t have to do this, anyone travel there lately that can advise on entry procedure ?
I flew to Roatan from RDU on American on April 12. The AA agent asked me if I had completed the precheck, but didn't ask to see the bar code. My dive buddy had a different agent and was asked to show the bar code. If you've completed the precheck in the past, your info should be automatically entered when you log in. I didn't bother with the second step of completing the health form (tried once and it didn't go through); no issues with not having that completed. Airports and airlines vary. Not worth taking a chance. Have a good trip.

Update to post: only Nicaraguan citizens require the precheck bar code.

I'm flying to Roatan Saturday as well. I wasn't aware of a pre check. If you figured out where to do it, could you share the link?

Info has been updated: precheck for Honduras is now only required for Nicaraguan citizens. I found the info on the Anthony Keys web site. I recommend filling out the customs declaration form listed on the site. Sometimes a paper form is given to you and sometimes not. Saves a bit of a scramble getting the form. Not sure why it's not given out by the airlines. Safe travels!

Of the 4 times I've been there, I've always just been handed the paper form walking into the terminal (in bound), scramble to fill it out, then they never collect it. I've had to fill it out outbound at the check in desk twice.

I was in Roatan in January. We filled out the immigration precheck on line and it worked well. Saves the problem of filling out the immigration form in person as the line is moving. I do suggest that you print out the form after you complete it

Back
Top Bottom