Homosassa manatees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

louisianadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just back from a jaunt to Homosassa Springs for the manatees. The weather was unseasonably warm and I've never been so late in the season, so the manatees were not congregated as I've seen them in the past. However, I was able to find a few subjects in clean water. I put 5 pics up on my web site. You can see them at http://claycoleman.tripod.com/id272.htm and click the "Next" buttons to scroll through them. Here's the first one:

7b4bcd10.jpg

Clay

Never had the chance to swimm with them.
Very nice pic's

Very nice creatures, never had the chance to see them close.

Nice pictures. What did you do to them to get them so blue? Everytime I am there the water is some form of greenish brown.

Very nice. Good to hear from you again.

KidK9:
Nice pictures. What did you do to them to get them so blue? Everytime I am there the water is some form of greenish brown.

If you go to the manatee section of my website at http://claycoleman.tripod.com/id98.htm you'll see past photos with the green water with which everybody who's been there is familiar. Those photos were taken with the same rig (Nik V, Fuji Provia 400 film) and scanned with the same scanner. The water was clearer on the recent trip primarily because we were the only ones there (we had our own little boat). The manatees were scattered, and we had to wait long periods to see one. The tour boats had given up. The weather was sunny but hazy, and the photos were taken right at the surface of the water. -Clay

Man, I should have looked at all your whole page. Didn't mean to insult, I just have never seen the water that blue before. Your photography is amazing, you should post more often.

KidK9:
Man, I should have looked at all your whole page. Didn't mean to insult, I just have never seen the water that blue before. Your photography is amazing, you should post more often.

No offense taken. I think the haze and fog had something to do with the way the pics came out. It was like a big diffuser and filtered out low frequency light. You'll also notice that the water was flat calm--so calm that the surface was reflecting images back into the water. Thanks for the compliment. I'd post more often, but it I'm too old school to be of much help with questions about digital cameras. -Clay

Back
Top Bottom