Homemade Defog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the thick Sea Drops, it seems to work pretty well. I used to use the jello-like Sea Gold stuff, but by the time you squeeze hard enough to get a little out the whole tube squirts out.

My spit doesn't seem to be too effective in preventing defog. Must need more oreos.

Blackhawk9898:
I was wondering if anybody had some defog recipes that they would like to share.

Spit (saliva only). It needs to be kinda thick though and I'd recommend that you not have chunks of food or remnants of drink in your mouth.

Uncle Pug:
I make my own on the spot... spit.

Spit is good. I"ve nver used the commercial defoggers. But the best thing I HAVE used is the leaf of the Casla tree. It grows in the Philippines and is a heart shaped leaf with a whitish sap. It works great.

Hank49:
Spit is good. I"ve nver used the commercial defoggers. But the best thing I HAVE used is the leaf of the Casla tree. It grows in the Philippines and is a heart shaped leaf with a whitish sap. It works great.

Speaking of natural remedies, I have also heard that kelp is a good defog - serious..... never tried it

Uncle Pug:
95% pure slobber
5% oreo cookie

I am not asking....Okay maybe I will. Does your mask have brown chunks on the lenses??? :)

That is quite possibly one of the nastiest concepts I have ever heard of, but hey if it works...

For defog I generally use a big lugee on each lens, but when I have been in salt water awhile I generally can't manage to spit then I switch to the drops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom