Homebrew GoPro tray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very bright, not so good for this purpose, I found out. Good as a focus light, but I have had issues and I don't want to buy another one of those. Also VERY heavy, two would be hard to lug around. Want to buy mine?

:)......

I still have my video lights with separate battery canister. I like keeping the weight and bulk on my waist vs. extended out on the light arms.

Maybe get your dive buddy to be your lighting assistant using the Mangroves ?

Figured I'd toss up my home brewed tray and dual arm to give people ideas.

The white nylon tray and the single right hand grip, with locline flex arm, I aleady had from an old old Sealife point and shoot.........it was just gathering dust in the garage.

As I only had 2-3 days before a trip to set up the dual handles and arms with twin Sola 600's, I overnighted a Backscatter handle (the black lefthand grip and it came with ~7" of locline) Couple of drilled holes and 3 stainless steel screws to join both single grip trays, add a GoPro tripod mount, and a coiled lanyard, and I've got a cheap dual handle dual light GoPro2 setup. I put the Backscatter grip in a Vise, and bent the upper (normally angled flange) to a flat orientation to get the light arms more off to the side

By the way, the Backscatter Single grip handle is a piece of crappp for $40, I'd never of bought it if it wasn't for leaving on a trip in only day, and I just had them add it to the Twin Solas that I bought from them as well as some other GoPro goodies. honestly it's uncomfortable to hold, and is just a bent piece of aluminum with 1/8" cheap crappy foam as a "grip" I may put more closed cell foam over it, as it needs more foam.

But My rig works, was cheap, is functional as a twin light rig, and puts the lights about 24" apart with Nine 3/4" locline links per arm.

Attachments

• P1010878.jpg
    P1010878.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 298

Back
Top Bottom