Holy Moses - Anyone dive here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you guys will take time when you you go to Athens, there is a fisheries place to take a tour through. they have actual lifesize trophies on the wall of some of those record size fish. it was pretty awesome when me and my wife went through there last summer.

Jay

I see them in Florida Rivers all the time: not eight foot long, but I have seen them as long as me (6 foot) and they will sometimes trail you in the water. They are FUGLY to the max, but have that primordial grace about them that just makes you respect them. Unfortunately, they eat a LOT of the game fish, so they and mudfish are killed by most fishermen.

I've seen some 5' and 6' gars in the Brazos River. As a kid my brother, cousin, and I used to stand on the dam in Firemans Park (Graham, TX), fish for gars, and fling them over the side of the dam.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom