Hollywood / Ft. Lauderdale apartments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabear

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, Probably in wrong forum, maybe mods. can help.

My niece is leaving NY to return to So. Fla., she'll be teaching in Broward system.
She'd love to find a place near Hollywood Bch or vicinity. Any suggestions on semi-reasonable housing in the area would be appreciated. I'm thinking studio / small apt.
She's been away 7yrs. now and is craving some shore diving. Thanks

Its tough to find year around rentals in that area due to the volume of Canadians that migrate each winter. Many of the local renters know they can do short term or seasonal rentals and make more $. I remember many contracts had two different rates. They refered the months during season where a higher rate was expected. One good plus for her is snow birds are now leaving and the rental signs will start popping up all over.

Another suggestion would be to look at rentals that are for sale. Many folks have had houses on the market for a long time and with the slump in the market, they are looking for somebody to rent till it gets sold.
Also, if she has a house in NY, she may be able to barter. It is an upcoming alternative, house switching...there is a post on SB about it someplace..

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom