Hollywood diving and reality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its a bloody annoying B movie that could have been a lot better if Jessica Alba just decided wether or not to be dressed instead of running around half dressed all the time..

Would you have watched it if Jessica had not been half dressed......best part of the movie....

Oh yeah.. I would DEFINETLY watch it if she was fully naked instead of half naked :wink:

Into the Blue is a B grade remake of The Deep.

The Deep is a good one too, I like the scene where the guy jumps in with his khakis and button down on and proceeds to dive the Goliath

And how did a very young and heavily mustached Nick Nolte keep his mask from leaking?

Harness diving at its best with no concerns about buoyancy.

Bummer. I have yet to go scuba diving and kinda hoped that hollywood's rendition of it was at least partially accurate...:wink:

Into the Blue is a B grade remake of The Deep.

Have you seen Into the Blue II. It was a direct to video sequel.

I love the underwater fight scenes in any movie. Must be what some call my "orientation toward conflict"

A few years ago, I did an underwater jujitsu couse out of interest as a lifeguard instructor who has to teach holds and escapes. Mizujitsu as it is called is pretty interesting. I posted a picture of me getting out of a chokehold. One of the youngsters I coach in boxing who knows I dive, has seen a few underwater movies including into the blue, but does not dive himself asked me in all sincerity "do people get into a lot of fights when they scuba dive?" The power of the media and impressionableness of youth:D

Mizujitso = underwater jujitso ?? Never heard of it, but it sounds fun.

My favorite Hollywood diving was in Jaws II. In the scene where the dive group gets a swimby, and one of the divers panics, spits reg, bolts clawing for the surface and is laid down on the boat with blood oozing from his mouth/nose and the dive master (or whomever) says; "He'll be ok."

In this category, I love the movies like Deep Blue Sea, Poseidon, and The Day after Tomorrow and lots more. Specially Poseidon, great direction and what technology was used to shoot the dangerous scenes under water. Great movies!

"The Big Blue" - not much scuba but great imagery

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom