Hollywood Beach Dives this weekend Jan.21/22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny:
You are right Howard. I should learn my lesson... its been blowing for a couple days now, and guess what? It's still blowing...
you were right... it is a crappy day... We're going to try to take moonie for a dive tomorrow, if Andrew brings my flag back :wink:

KBeck:
Sigh, yes, got blown out again this weekend. Though we did get some good home improvvement projects in.

So, what's in the plans for next week.......?
We have friends from Colorado coming down here next weekend... We are diving w/ Splashdown Sunday, Monday, and possibly tuesday.

I get to block out more slab extensions on my lanai. Then I get to pour 3 or 4 yards of concrete. Why bother diving when there's fun like this to be had on dry land?

howarde:
We have friends from Colorado coming down here next weekend... We are diving w/ Splashdown Sunday, Monday, and possibly tuesday.

Sunday AM or PM? Where to...? I have so much new gear to try out I feel like a new diver again. (Some kind soul has fitted their (old) BP/Wing for me to try out.......oh, the anticipation!!!!!!)

KBeck:
Sunday AM or PM? Where to...? I have so much new gear to try out I feel like a new diver again. (Some kind soul has fitted their (old) BP/Wing for me to try out.......oh, the anticipation!!!!!!)
Both.

Did you hear we've crossed over to the dry side :D

WetDawg:
I'll be sure to check in with Scuba Jenny before I head out next time. :wink:
:D

DIVER_11:
well how was the vis yesterday. still going today?

dive report !!! i need to to get some beach diving in but every time i go i can't see a thing and it's almost two hours for me to get there so i would like to here some good news on conditions before i go.

01-21-06- I sat on the beach and watched the group fight the surf. It was a good day for sun and kites, but not diving.

Too bad it was a bad experience for the one young student. It was his first OW. He spooked about 10 feet from shore and crawled back in. I don't think I was out of line when I talked to him about "if you don't feel comfortable about conditions, you call the dive."

I'm glad I didn't have to do my first OW under these conditions.

01-22-06 conditions looked the same at 9 a.m.

olddiver2 - ahh let me tell you about my check out dive.. it was a cold day in May 19and82. The wind was blowing and the sea was angry that day my friend. It is the kind of day that makes the fish wish they had joined us in the great heave up to land animals. The octopus were seasick. My instructor stood on the foredeck shouting orders that could barely be heard over the gale force winds whistling through the rigging. The captain was holding his St Christopher so tightly against the wheel that it left a permanet impression on it to this day.

That was a bad check out dive we all kissed the ground and PADI gave us all special certificates for living through the day. Well not everyone got them... god rest their souls..

Ah, OE, I knew you'd remind us that it ain't always smooth sailin' and calm seas. You could sell a video of your adventures.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom