Hollywood Beach Dives this weekend Jan.21/22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrierHPharmD:
Man, I'd love to join you guys. It's just that I'm 800 miles away...

Good diving, safe diving to all,
Grier

Excuses! Excuses!

I thought about you as I was driving through Charlotte enroute to Virginia over Christmas.

Al

Looks like high tide at Hollywood is 1:56 on the 21st. The winds were moderate and out of the East this morning (7:00 a.m. 01-21-06) when I stopped at the site.

Hope to see you there.

MOD NOTE: threads merged.

I probably wont be making it tomorrow. The wind is blowing pretty good at the house, and I can only imagine it being a bit worse at the beach.

TONIGHT...EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. .SUNDAY...EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS INCREASING TO 15 TO 20 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET.

Scuba_Jenny:
I probably wont be making it tomorrow. The wind is blowing pretty good at the house, and I can only imagine it being a bit worse at the beach.

TONIGHT...EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. .SUNDAY...EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS INCREASING TO 15 TO 20 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET.

Didn't you learn your lesson about bagging it the night before?

well how was the vis yesterday. still going today?

dive report !!! i need to to get some beach diving in but every time i go i can't see a thing and it's almost two hours for me to get there so i would like to here some good news on conditions before i go.

You are right Howard. I should learn my lesson... its been blowing for a couple days now, and guess what? It's still blowing...

Note to self...east wind means poor beach conditions.

The good news is that I could see my fins...barely.

I'll be sure to check in with Scuba Jenny before I head out next time. :wink:

No dive today, beautiful day but more wind.

Nay Sayers Bahhaa Hum Bug! HOWARDE looking at NOAA we would not have dove Sat but we had GREAT conditions. Granted I have not dove Ft Pierce beach in a year but I go down and look into the rollers and hope almost everyday.

I bet the near shore lobsters are just dancing about in the comfort of the 1' of vis we have here...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom