Hollis SMS Katana -- a newbie sidemounter's review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand a manual on the Katana is not absolutely needed, but could be helpful.. Why exactly do they have them for all their other products? I would like to see specifications and accurate description even more. For instance where is the left hand rear pull dump? I understand the Katana is like a prototype and the design may be in flux. Anyway, I have one and will do my best to set it up for my usage and preferences.

You are welcome @BeijaFlor I think you will find their 5/16" bungee just right for AL80s and probably HP100s.

I think I quit reading when I saw that pictured labeled with "sidemount diving" :p

Good point and another dumb picture..

Why are those "sidemount divers" wearing doubles?
You mean, in the 3 Days in Mexico article?

My guess is, because the guy with the doubles hasn't learned sidemount.:jester:

ON EDIT: When I zoomed in, I saw the other guys have back-mounted doubles, too ...

I guess they're just going through a stage. :duck:

Last edited:
I guess they're just going through a stage. :duck:

Or the guy making "write-ups" about sidemount gear doesn't know anything about sidemount, which is not very uncommon if you ask me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom