Hollis F1 - finally good "jet fins" with proper boot size!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KOMPRESSOR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Got my clammy hands on Norway's first pair of Hollis F1 fins the other day, and can't wait to get in the water with them! Unfortunately it's about -20F outside here, and the water is a bit tough on the surface (ice...). But anyways, finally someone has made a good "jet fin" with the right foot pocket size for dry suits!!! I'm a size 11 (dry suit boots size 12), so I've been using Turtle Fins for the past three years since the Jet Fin simply doesn't have any size with foot pockets that'll fit. The turtles have been doing a fair job for me, but I've come to feel them being a bit soft for my use. -Which is frog kicks only, and with dry suit, heavy undergarments and large double steel tanks. So when my Oceanic supplier finally got hold of the Hollis F1's, and he knows my style, he sent me the first pair to the country for evaluation. Yes, I am a Hollis dealer, and no I haven't gotten to try them in the water even... But!!! These look and feel just perfect for my needs! The "integrated" spring straps is something for other manufacturers to look at also. Much better than the after market stuff I've been using for sure. But the fins are stiff, heavy, wide and rather short, as they should be for frog kick propulsion. And with a foot pocket I just love, heck, this could be a hit in my drysuit country!

Enough said without having tried them yet! But there must be others out there who have experience with them, so please let me know what you think of them too?

Hollis Gear: F1

"Pluck your magic twanger, FROGGY!" (radio show from the 1940's called Froggy the Gremlin)

what size did you get, I have the same size feet as you.

I got size XL. I have feet were the Jet Fins are way to narrow but the only available Turtle Fins ("XXL" or "XXXL"?) is a bit wide but otherwise good. -And the F1 XL is just in between, and fits perfect. I don't use rock boots but I will be surprised if they don't fit them too. My suit has some rather heavy duty neoprene shoes.

Back
Top Bottom