Hollis F1 Fin Sizing HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scarborough Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey gang,
I am looking to order a set of Hollis F1 fins and am unsure of what size to get. I use a size 12 Pinnacle rock boot with a Hollis Biodry FX100 Drysuit (trilam-type material). I was hoping to get some sizing suggestions from people that dive these fins. I think the XL may be too tight as its apparently recommended to size 11 and the XXL is for size 12-15. I'm worried about being on the cusp of the 2 sizes. I dont want the fins to feel too loose.

First of all great choice - I love my Hollis F1 fins. Secondly by way of comparison I have US size 14 feet and dive with a 3mm Henderson boot (i.e. not a rock boot) and find the XXL fins just a little bit too big, but not enough to detract from the experience of using them. If I bought a slightly chunkier boot with a heavier sole they'd probably be perfect. So my hunch would be the XL may be best for you.

I wear a Pinnacle drysuit with the Pinnacle rock boots. Mine are size 12 as well. i have the 2xl Hollis F1's. the good thing about the F1's is that you can adjust the spring strap so that if it is a little loose you can either take the spring down one or two notches to make it more comfortable for you. I would say that the 2xls should be fine. Mine are loose enough so that they are easy to take off after the dive at the back of the boat but not loose enough so that they flop around and I can still get the power out of them that I would like to.

Hope that it helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom