Hollis F 1 sizing question... (not sure if in the right thread)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laughingsquid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I had posted earlier elsewhere in the wrong location.

I just bought an OS drysuit with a size 12 boot (they're attached) My jets are XL (10-12) spring straps which is obviously too small and the Twin Jet Max XL (11-13) spring straps which do fit well, but I'm a paddle fin boy. Plus have the need to perform the obvious kicking styles.

Looked at the F1 today and at the XXL size, which eyeballing and taking measurements would seem to work. Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

I wear a size 12 shoe. With stocking foot on my drysuit and a lace up boot over that I wear a wear a XXL in the F1 and I like it. It could be a hair bigger, but I think your boot will be a little smaller than my combo.

X1's swim great BTW, I think you will be really happy with them.

did you look online, or in a shop? keep in mind, that the stpring straps are adjustable. an XL with the strap in the wider position might fit better than the XXL with the straps in the closer position. i use the former with a size 11.

My size 12 feet in my built-in neoprene Ranger boot on my High Tide DS fit really well with a XXL F-1. (And a XXXL Force Fin.)

did you look online, or in a shop? keep in mind, that the stpring straps are adjustable. an XL with the strap in the wider position might fit better than the XXL with the straps in the closer position. i use the former with a size 11.

Yes I did try them on at the shop. The XL did fit, but was way too snug with my toes which would be too uncomfortable, even with the springs in the out position. The XXL fit perfectly, and by adjusting the springs in, it was very comfortable. Heading out today to put them through their paces, from what I've heard, and seen, it'll be a swim in the park. I'll let you all know later!

Yes I did try them on at the shop. The XL did fit, but was way too snug with my toes which would be too uncomfortable, even with the springs in the out position. The XXL fit perfectly, and by adjusting the springs in, it was very comfortable. Heading out today to put them through their paces, from what I've heard, and seen, it'll be a swim in the park. I'll let you all know later!

Dove with the Hollis F1 fins today. They handle very, very well! Pleasantly surprised! Thank you all for your feedback! A excellent investment indeed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom