Hollis DG05?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toddville393

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm in the market for a new computer. I currently have a Hollis DG03 and I want an OLED screened computer. ScubaToys has the Hollis DG05, that I didn't even know existed, on sale for $549.99. Is it a good computer and worth my money? I've been waiting on the Dive Rite Nitek Q go on sale again for 499.99 but then I came across this.

---------- Post added April 26th, 2015 at 01:07 PM ----------

Nevermind. I just found out I'll have to pay sales tax if I get the DG05 so it would cost me the same as the Dive Rite.

You do know that the DG05 is no longer in production. It was being made for Hollis by VR technologies. They no longer exist. It's not a bad computer though some have reported it is not very intuitive to set up and use.
The Dive Rite has been called buggy.
If you are really set on a tech computer get a Shearwater. Support is second to none and they work. User interface is simple and the manual is actually easy to read.
Do you really need a tri mix capable computer at this point?
BTW the Petrel has a recreational mode.

I don't honestly think I'll ever need trimix capability. I don't see myself going that far.

You do know that the DG05 is no longer in production. It was being made for Hollis by VR technologies. They no longer exist. It's not a bad computer though some have reported it is not very intuitive to set up and use.
The Dive Rite has been called buggy.
If you are really set on a tech computer get a Shearwater. Support is second to none and they work. User interface is simple and the manual is actually easy to read.
BTW the Petrel has a recreational mode.

Is there a replacement for the DG05 in the works by Hollis or are they just dumping the whole line?

I've heard a lot of people suggest the Shearwater, what about Liquivision's Xeo? I currently have the Suunto D9 (not the D9TX, which is a possible option but would prefer a larger/color display.) I'm getting into tech, specifically multigas/trimix at this time and am at that point that I would need a new computer. Any input wold be appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom