Hollis DG03 vs. Oceanic Veo 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HungoverDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys,

I bought a Oceanic Veo 200 about a year ago off ebay that has given me nothing but trouble. I love the computer and its interface, but there is something wrong with the battery compartment and it constantly turns off on me, making multiple dives/day impossible. So I'm going to replace it.

I'd like to get something similar like the Veo 2.0 or the DG03. Both are around $250, both do nitrox and can be wrist mounted. The DG03 has mutli-gas ability, but I don't do any diving like that now, but plan on eventually getting into deco and multiple gas planning. However, then I'll switch to a shearwater petrel (which I don't have funds for now).

I also dive with an Oceanic ProPlus 2.1 console, that serves as my back-up computer/back-up SPG. I'd like this wrist computer to also use Pelagic DSAT Algorithm, which is why I've looked at Hollis and Oceanic.

Other recommendations welcome!

TL;DR, wrist mounted, nitrox capable, preferable DSAT algorithm

Between them DG03 is a better computer IMO. The main feature for me is gauge mode. DG03 has it, but Veo2 doesn't. So DG03 can be a backup depth gauge/timer device while Veo2 isn't really good at that. Other feature I like better is the 3 bottons on DG03, it should make navigating menu easier, but this is a small point

I'm with eelnoraa of the two I'd choose the DG03 it has more features and other then AI issues I've never seen any complaints reported. At $250 it's a lot of computer for not much money.

Nah, I like the traditional SPG I've got plus my console computer.

Thanks!

.... The main feature for me is gauge mode. DG03 has it, but Veo2 doesn't. So DG03 can be a backup depth gauge/timer device while Veo2 isn't really good at that. ....

So my Veo2.0 that I keep in Guage mode is an exception?

BRad

Back
Top Bottom