Holland America Western Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know who Holland America uses in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios for their dive operatoions?

Thanks

Marc

FLL Diver:
Does anyone know who Holland America uses in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios for their dive operatoions?

Thanks

Marc

Marc, I don't know for sure who they use, but I think they use Red Sail in Grand Cayman (cattle boat operation) and maybe Sand dollar in Coz (again, Mooooo) For me, when I think of Caribbean diving, Jamacia is never the first thing that comes to mind.

Now the advice; you can do much better diving if you make your own arrangements, often for less money. In the end, it doesn't really matter who the cruise line uses as a dive op. To generalize, the ships operator is usally a cattle boat op offering a dive geared to the once a year cruise diver with limited bottom times and a follow the leader dive style.

Look to the sections on Coz and GCM for advice for individual dive ops.

I was investigating that route too. But last time I tried the arrival time of the ship didn't coincide with the departure of the dive boat. (Missed a dive on the Rhone in the USVI because of that :()

That said - are there ops who DON'T go out on a schedule? Unfortunately there will only be two of us - not enough to justify a charter.

Marc

What are the times that you will be in Cozumel?

10:00am to Cozumel
8:30am to Georgetown

Marc

Well, hopefully the 8:30 is going to work for Casey right GF? Miss you by the way!
Marc if Casey says yes, you must dive with her and Keith.

Now as for Cozumel..I will PM you.. because I can't offer this everyone. Unless you have made your own plans for now?

That would be great! Thanks!

No plans yet. HAL only allows scuba trips to be booked once on board so they can verify your c card.

Marc

Hey Natasha,
Miss you too, GF! Still haven't gotten to that Mermaid statue shore dive. Too busy on the boat... maybe on your next visit?
Hey Marc,
Your 8:30 arrival time should be no problem. I will PM you with details.

I Pmed you too Marc.. wow you're a popular guy!

OK Casey you got it..I should be there again in March 05.. about 1 year from today actually..so wait for me! Ha!

Back
Top Bottom