Holiday greetings thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As Merxlin pointed out 5June is pretty special not only Doughnut day (my personal favorite), but also Environmental Protection Day (Russia)!

And June 8th ... Happy Housewives' Day (Russia)!

Now, the question is, is that for happy housewives? or just that all housewives should be happy on that day?

As Merxlin pointed out 5June is pretty special not only Doughnut day (my personal favorite), but also Environmental Protection Day (Russia)!

Celebrated by a night time parade in Chernobyl. "Daddy, why is everyone glowing?"

Celebrated by a night time parade in Chernobyl. "Daddy, why is everyone glowing?"

Ouch!

Well, you see Russia's environmental protection works like this ... Chernobyl's power plant, which admittedly DID supply power to Russia, was actually located in the Ukraine (a neighboring country). They as well as the Belorussians are still paying for THAT completely avoidable disaster. But at least Russia's environment was protected! :shakehead:

Happy Old Maid's Day

When : Always on June 4th
Still haven't found "Mr. Right"? Yet, the years are beginning to pile up? Don't worry or fret. This day is for you. Old Maid's Day brings awareness to those of us who have not yet found (and caught) our soul mates.
Old Maid's Day exists to put into the spotlight all of the fair maidens who have yet to find their Prince Charming.
Ladies, celebrate Old Maids Day by getting out and getting noticed. Guys, open your eyes.... "Mrs. Right" may be right under your nose.

Origin of Old Maid Day: The year was 1946 (or thereabouts). WWII was over, and millions of soldiers were returning home. There was a huge increase in marriages. Somewhere during this time, it was noted that there were plenty of Maidens waiting for the returning GIs. And, the ladies were not getting younger as they awaited the return of their GI. The long war had disrupted and put on hold many relationships. And, many GIs did not return home. Dances and socials were held to bring together returning soldiers and the many available, unmarried ladies. It is from this occurrence that Old Maid's Day emerged

Hehe, on that note...

Happy Flag Day!
(Sunday, June 14, 2009)

Hehe, on that note...

Happy Flag Day!
(Sunday, June 14, 2009)

Ah, ya got me. I was just fixin' to throw that one in.

When : June 15th

Smile Power Day is today. Feel the power. Give everyone you see a big, friendly, "I like you" smile. You never know, you're warm smile just might turn someone's day right around...for the good!

Love may make the world go round. But, a smile makes the world a happy place. A smile is a powerful thing. Best of all, it's contagious. However, we do note that in order to be effective, a smile must be sincere. People can see right through phony or forced smiles.

Spend the whole day with a big, bright smile on your fae. Flash a toothy smile to everyone you encounter.

A smile is so powerful, that it can:

• Add years to your life
  • Make you a happier person
  • Make someone else a happier person
  • It's a mood change for the giver and the receiver
  • Improves relationships
  • In business, it sends a great customer service message
Did you know? It's easier to smile than to frown. A smile uses fewer muscles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom