HOG Total BCD/Reg Package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I purchased the Hog TBCS back in August and put about 10 dives on it, I absolutely love it. I also use the Hog D3 first stage with Zenith second on my Spectrum full face mask and it’s been great. I highly recommend the Hog line.

I ended up ordering the TCBP. They are back ordered for a couple of weeks though.

ETA: I ordered the STA with it.

I purchased the Hog TBCS back in August and put about 10 dives on it, I absolutely love it. I also use the Hog D3 first stage with Zenith second on my Spectrum full face mask and it’s been great. I highly recommend the Hog line.

How is equalization with the skirt in the Spectrum FFM? The only FFM that I’ve used had two had hard “nodes“ for equalization.

How much work was involved with dialing-in the HOG second stage to work with the FFM?

If I decide to do some local diving this winter, I’ll have to pick up a FFM. Not wanting to deal with standard mask and regulator face freeze this winter. Thank you.

How is equalization with the skirt in the Spectrum FFM? The only FFM that I’ve used had two had hard “nodes“ for equalization.
The Spectrum has a soft nose cup, I guess that what it's called, that you can actually pinch and squeeze the nose to equalize. This is unlike the Guardian and AGA which have nose blocks which have to be adjusted then the mask is pushed up to seal the nose. I actually lost my nose block in my old AGA and had a heck of a time equalizing.
I really like the Spectrum.

How much work was involved with dialing-in the HOG second stage to work with the FFM?
I did not have to tune the Hog second stage. Just took off the mouthpiece, inserted it into the Spectrum and secured it with a wire tie. In my opinion it breathes better than having it in your mouth.

Hope this helps.

This the STA I have , SP system .
STA SP.jpg

Thought I would resurrect this topic rather than start a new one.
Just for the hell of it I am putting together another BP/W from bits and pieces from a mix of brands [just because I can , and I am bored].
Webbing, I have plenty of the stuff in blue, red and black ? Red, why not.
2 SS plates, Hog and generic ? Sold the Scubapro SS, sellers regret .
Wings ,Scubapro and Hog ? [30 and 28]
Cylinder straps, Scubapro , Hog and generic [SP STA will be the ones for sure]
A mess of D rings and buckles to pick from. No plastic.
I have a couple of trim pockets somewhere.
2 crotch straps 2" and 1.5"
I will post a photo of this frankenstein when I build it, could be most Hog or SP, or a mix.
And before someone says, make 2 sets, not going to happen.

Is it beer O'clock yet?

Back
Top Bottom