Hog Side Mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems some confusion between cold/warm water sidemount and rec/tech sidemount....
Nope not at all. Unit weighs less than 6 lbs, can handle steels and stages/deco and is streamlined and great with little tanks as well.

Nope not at all. Unit weighs less than 6 lbs, can handle steels and stages/deco and is streamlined and great with little tanks as well.

My point was merely that steel cylinders aren't synonymous with technical diving. They are, however, fairly indicative of cold-water diving trends. You rarely/never see steel cylinder in S.E.Asia, for instance. The ability to support steel cylinders is, thus, not a differentiation between rec/tec, but rather an environmental/regional issue.

Any update on when the harness will be available?

They are shipping in a couple days to us, then when we get them in 2-3 weeks we will be shipping to dealers

So you'll be bringing a few to BTS?

Please pardon any typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm amazed the amount of time and effort that is put into what is essentially a niche field of diving. I realize that cave diving is the paramount of dive training due to the incredible risks involved, but when I see essentially open water students swearing that they will dive side mount and nothing else here in Victoria I just shake my head.

Don't get me wrong I completely understand the advantageous of side mount both in and out of a cave, but there is an elitism that seems to be getting built into the configuration. Face it this is group of divers that won't be happy with anything off the shelf and will end up modifying anything they own anyway.

I really don't understand why there has been so much push from manufacturers like the triple H's (Hog, Halcyon, and Hollis) for a side mount rig. In essence they are attempting the equivalent of inventing a nail that will hold jello to the wall. In a nutshell Chris what I'm trying to say is where's that HOG computer I was promised 3 years ago? :wink:

actualy I am getting a computer in te hmail monday to do some diving and chamber stuff with, in lab validation is complete. We are going to make a few dozen units and get them in the wild for a little while, then it will go on sale if we (me) are happy, if not happy no sale until happy.

Yeah Bob and under the ice in the Midwest.:D (cold California water? do you need a chainsaw to get to the liquid like we do now?:wink:) Would be the push I need to get off my ass and get out to one of the quarries where a good ice dive course is run. Have to go to Ohio to do it. Nobody in my area wants to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom